Just a quick reminder that regular registration for the GLMA Annual Conference and Nursing Summit ends on September 17.
Topics that will be addressed at the Nursing Summit include
- transgender health,
- stigma and anal sexuality,
- sexual violence,
- sex work,
- trauma and alcohol among sexual minority women,
- religio-cultural competence and LGBTQ health, and
- health policy.
Our Keynote Speaker is Dr. TaMara Griffin, a certified clinical sexologist and sex therapist, from the The Gay & Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada.
After the Summit, Conference plenary sessions include
- Federal LGBTQ Health Policy Under the Trump Administration
- Treating the Whole Patient: Addressing the Lack of Community-Based Participatory Research for the DSD/Intersex Population and the Role of Patient Advocacy
- Sexual and Gender Minority Research at the National Institute of Health
- The New Normal: Increasing PrEP Uptake Using Digital Media
- Kimberly Clermont Memorial Lecture on Lesbian Health: Interventions for Healthy Aging Among Mature Black Lesbians: Recommendations Gathered through Community-Based Research
- Stanley Biber Memorial Lecture on Transgender Health: Providing Gender Affirming and Patient Centered Care to Trans Masculine Individuals: Findings from a National Survey of Trans Masculine Individuals
There is a preliminary program available so that you can see the wealth of other sessions planned.
You won’t want to miss this, so save yourself a little money and register before late fees start on September 18!