- Nurses and nurse allies who are GLMA members dedicated to improving health and healthcare for all LGBTQ individuals and families.
- The first Section established within GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBT Equality to provide a forum for action within our discipline. See more about our history.
- Committed to interdisciplinary connections with all health professionals in achieving our mutual goals.
- Organized by workgroups dedicated to creating positive change for LGBTQ health in nursing practice, education and research, policy and organizational climate.
- Our leadership team is elected by the membership annually. Nurse members of the GLMA Board are appointed and serve in key leadership capacities within the organization!
Our purposes are to:
- Facilitate the development and implementation of specific actions to advance LGBTQ health issues within nursing practice, research, education and organizational policy.
- Strengthen and support the involvement of nurses and nursing students within GLMA as a whole.
- Provide an organizational home for LGBTQ nurses, students and allies.
- The first GLMA Nursing Summit was held in 2014, in Denver, Colorado
- Our Section was formally established at the Summit on September 10, 2015 in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Follow this site for updates on the 2017 Summit!