As one of the originators of the Nursing Section Proposal, I am working with Sarah Fogel and Laura Hein (the nurse members of the GLMA Board) to plan the agenda for our first business meeting. The meeting will be held at the time of the Nursing Summit on September 10, 2014, in Baltimore, Maryland. The first leadership team for the Section will be elected at this meeting; in the future the process for elections will be developed for broad participation by all Section members. All who join the Nursing Section at the time of the Summit will be eligible to vote in the first election of officers.
This is a tentative proposed agenda for the business meeting:
I. Section Proposal Workgroup (Peggy)
- Introduce members of workgroup
- Brief report of the process and what the approved proposal contains (make sure it is distributed to all attendees)
- Description of the workgroup structure for organizing Section activities
- Unveiling of our web site and description of how it will work
II. Report from GLMA Board representatives (Sarah F or Laura H))
III. Election of officers (Sarah F)
- Introduce candidates on the ballot
- Call for nominations from the floor (everyone will write in the names of additional nominees)
- Official call for vote by paper ballot (ballots will be collected and counted by designated GLMA members)
IV. Workgroup leaders for 2014-15 – call for volunteers
V. 2015 Summit planning group
Give us your comments and suggestions below!!!