Caitlin Stover, who is the leader for our Education and Training Workgroup, is calling for feedback from Nursing Section members! They are examining the American Association of Medical Colleges recent document titled “Implementing Curricular and Institutional Climate Changes to Improve Health Care for Individuals Who Are LGBT, Gender Nonconforming, or Born with DSD,” and are considering ways in which the recommendations in this publication can be transferred to nursing. And they want out feedback on this! Caitlin tells me that we do not have to read the entire paper (unless of course we want to!) and we do not have to answer all of their questions … but any feedback we can provide will be be very helpful!
Here are their questions!
1. What do you think about the document, and its significance in helping the profession of nursing promote LGBT education and training?
2. What aspects of the document can we adopt to nursing education?
3. What aspects of the document are being done in nursing already?
4. How do we facilitate implementation in nursing?
5. What challenges do you think that the profession will encounter and how can we overcome them?